It is advisable that patients signing up for our substance abuse treatment programs pack enough for 7 to 10 days. They should pack both indoor and outdoor clothing suitable as per the current season and the upcoming seasons based on their expected length of stay at the treatment facility. It is also recommended to pack workout attire, comfortable, casual clothing, and a swimsuit. We provide the laundry facility and soap to all our clients.
Here we present a list of things that one needs to carry. Please note that this is not an all-inclusive list and there might be items that one might want to carry apart from this list.
- One luggage or suitcase
- A backpack, purse, or a duffle bag
- Clothing that will last for 7 to 10 days (free laundry service is available onsite)
- All personal hygiene products (face wash, razor, bodywash, loofah, shampoo, deodorant toothpaste, toothbrush, and feminine hygiene products)
- Hair straightener, curler, and/or a blow dryer
- A pair of casual, athletic, and/or tennis shoes
- Several pairs of socks and undergarments
- Yoga/gym attire
- Jacket, sweatshirt, or a heavy sweater
- Slippers, bathrobe, and pajama
- Insurance Card, Driver’s License, and/or Social Security Card
Reminder: Patient is responsible for their own flight home.
It is recommended that you bring an unopened monthly supply of your prescription medications. Please visit a pharmacy for a refill if you are due for one, prior to the admission process. All the prescription bottles must have the prescribing information. If one has any addictive prescription medications, one is advised to bring those as well with them to the drug addiction treatment facility. Any vitamins or supplements must be brought in sealed containers. Every medication or supplement will be reviewed and approved by the treatment team before it can be used at an Invictus Health Group partnering facility.
Items Not Allowed
- Clothes that depict or promote the use of alcohol, drugs, or tobacco
- Over-the-counter (OTC) medications unless specified for a particular reason
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Mouthwash, hydrogen peroxide, or isopropyl alcohol or any other item that contains alcohol
- Cameras (for privacy purposes)
- Radio/Stereo with external speakers
- Laptop computers (Computer access would be provided for designated activities; e-mail access would be provided for patients during business hours)
- Personal address book, stationery, and stamps
- Beach towel and sunscreen
- Pictures of family or friends
- Watch and alarm clock (cell phones are not available at the beginning of treatment)
- Portable CD/Tape player with headphones or iPod (no iPhones or smart phones; music must be stored on a device without a send/receive function)
- Pillow (bedding, including pillows, are provided, but patients might want to bring their own pillows)
- Reading materials (books are available, but you may want to bring your own)
Invictus Health Group’s network of behavioral health centers offer treatment for substance abuse, mental illnesses, and co-occurring disorders. If there is an item that you want to carry to treatment but do not see it mentioned in the list above, confirm if you can bring it by talking to a member of our admissions team at 866-548-0190. You can also chat online with a representative for further assistance.